West Wind Harbour Cohousing, Sooke’s second cohousing community, is now under construction on the Sooke Harbour waterfront—just west of Mariners Village on Goodmere Road.
The 34-unit cohousing community (strata-titled) will be ready for its residents in August 2020.
The architect’s rendering below shows the main entries and rooftop deck, facing southeast. The community’s spectacular views will take in Sooke Harbour, the Sooke Hills, East Sooke, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and the Olympic Mountains beyond.
Cohousing combines the advantages of private, strata-titled units with the benefits of an active and engaged community.
A purpose-built, 1500 square-foot common house with expansive outdoor decks will provide space for meetings, occasional shared meals, music, and various activities. Other common amenities include: multi-purpose rooms, storage space, arts and crafts studios, gardens and patios, exercise room, guest rooms, bike storage, workshop, library, and easy access to Sooke Harbour from a sturdy dock. This community includes more than 7000 square feet of common amenity space.
Projected move-in date is mid-summer 2020.
There are presently 23 households committed to the 34-unit project.
Attend Margaret Critchlow’s weekend workshop Is Cohousing for You? this coming weekend, June 8-9, at the Sooke Child, Youth & Family Centre. Registration is available for all West Wind Harbour Cohousing events on Eventbrite.
In conjunction with the weekend workshop there will be a casual barbecue with members and information session hosted at Harbourside Cohousing, 6681 Horne Road, on Saturday, June 8th, from 5-7 pm. Registration available on Eventbrite.
The weekend workshop and information session provide gateways to associate membership, allowing those interested a three-month opportunity to participate in the project before committing to equity membership.
For more information visit www.westsindharbour.ca or write to email@example.com.
- Co-housing curious? West Wind Harbour Cohousing invites the curious-to-serious to a workshop
- Groundbreaking ceremony sees construction start for Sooke’s second co-housing project
- “Is Cohousing for you?”
- Sooke cohousing once again gets national coverage
- Letter: Cohousing, and its benefits and problems
- Sooke’s second co-housing project moves full steam ahead, workshops Mar 17 and 18
- Second co-housing project in Sooke deemed affordable, good to go
- Curious about co-housing? Free Information Sessions are coming up
- West Wind Harbour: Sooke’s Second Cohousing Development
- A second cohousing development springs up in Sooke: Introducing West Wind Harbour Cohousing
- Official opening of Harbourside Senior Cohousing, photo gallery
- VIDEO: Back when Sooke’s Harbourside Cohousing community was just an idea
- Sooke’s best kept secret: A senior cohousing community with 31 units sets a Canadian standard
- Sooke’s Harbourside Cohousing is going full steam ahead
- ICYMI: “My Last Big Adventure” … Harbourside, Sooke’s Senior Co-Housing project, hits the national airwaves
- Sooke’s senior co-housing project gets noticed, nationally