Background: A overall Highway 14 corridor study to identify both short- and long-term improvements for Highway 14 is being completed. The final report expected in late summer 2017.
We have received the following update from the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
The Highway 14 safety study (looking into short-term and long-term safety improvements for Highway 14 between Langford and Sooke) is currently underway. It’s nearing completion – expected to be wrapped up by the fall.
This technical study is looking at potential upgrades for both the short and long term, and examining ways to promote greater transit use and encourage more cycling along this route.
In the meantime, interim safety upgrades are underway at the Parkland, Gillespie and Connie road intersections on Highway 14 between Langford and Sooke – with new intersection lighting and enhanced signage and delineation. The ministry has invested $800,000 towards these improvements.
- Intersection safety improvements coming to Hwy 14 at Parkland, Gillespie and Connie
- Highway 14 overhead sign and corridor study in the works
- Safer sidewalks, upgraded intersection coming to Sooke
- New rest area near Sombrio Beach opening over long weekend
- Members of the North Sooke Community Association bring Sooke Rd realignment concerns to Council
- Highway 14’s future taking shape, Sooke River Road intersection on the horizon
- Sooke Students delayed or stuck as a result of today’s crashes on Sooke Rd
- Two crashes tie up Sooke Rd, one near the Shell station one near Stickleback
- Crash on Sooke Rd at EMCS Sept 4 2018 2:55pm
- Nightly closures on Gillespie Road
- Sunday is last day to provide input on Highway 14 Corridor Improvements
- New bus pullouts now operational on Highway 14
- Open Letter: “Are you kidding me?” BCHwy14 open house disappoints
- Overview of improvements to Sooke Road: Ministry Open House
- Public invited to provide input on Highway 14 upgrades
- New crosswalks on Sooke Road
- Digging deep as the Sooke Road improvements continue
- Bus stop blunder: Six recently installed bus stop pads need replacing
- Sooke Road improvements update from the mayor
- Stumped by the post?
- Expect traffic delays with Highway 14 ongoing improvements
- Fundraiser for the other family impacted by the deadly December crash on Sooke Rd
- Letter: Park the panic when it comes to Sooke Road!
- Video: What this Port Renfrew student thinks of today’s announcement
- Improvements on Sooke Rd to begin immediately
- Sooke Road experiences 837 crashes between 2011-2015
- Sooke mayor awaits provincial Hwy14 report, says staff are working on in-town improvements
- Sooke Rd accident fatal
- Head on MVI closes Sooke Rd
- Wednesday afternoon crash on Sooke Road
- LETTER: OPSRRA pleased the Hwy14 corridor review will extend to Port Renfrew
- Sooke Fire reporting mid afternoon crash, Sooke at Manzer