Here’s what’s on the Agenda for next week’s regular council meeting, Monday, February 24, 2020, starting at 7:00 pm.
There will be a Delegation (presentation) from the Green Team, giving an overview of last year’s projects and projects planned for this year.
The CAO will give an update on this Council’s Strategic Plan.
The Consent Agenda will include a monthly report from the RCMP and correspondence received between Feb 6 and 19. Note that things on the Consent Agenda are moved as a block without discussion unless a councillor wishes to remove an item for discussion. So, Consent Agendas are typically received for information not discussion.
Following the Consent Agenda, public input on any items listed on the agenda is invited. Speakers each have two minutes, with a maximum of 10 minutes allotted to this section. If you have thoughts you’d like to share with your elected officials on items on this agenda, this is your opportunity to speak!
Two reports will be discussed.
- A grant application for $25,000 that will go towards developing a food security strategy.
- A due diligence summary for Lot A.
Two bylaws will be deliberated, for a sweeping first, second and third reading.
- Council Procedure
- Borrowing bylaw (house-keeping matter done annually to ensure there’s access to funds if Sooke needs it)
Correspondence that was extracted from the correspondence for discussion, on request of at least one councillor, include the following:
- Municipal EV infrastructure
- SOAR 2020, BC Girl Guide Whiffin Spit project
- Otter Point project information from MOT
This will be followed by individual verbal reports from the Council members present.