Since the last report, there have been 100 more COVID-19 cases in B.C., with 3,101 (previously 3,063 ) people under active public health monitoring.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 6,691
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 2,285 (previously 2,249)
- Fraser Health: 3,482 (previously 3,428)
- Island Health: 185 (previously 184)
- Interior Health: 462 (previously 460)
- Northern Health: 193 (previously 186)
- 84 (previously 79) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Hospitalized cases: 37 (previously 32)
- Intensive care: 15 (previously 12)
- No new deaths (total deaths in BC to date: 213)
- Active cases: 1,378 (previously 1,386)
- Recovered: 5,086 (previously 4,978)
- 404,714 individuals have been tested as of Sep 9, 2020
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C (Kawasaki Disease): 8 (none tested positive for COVID-19, none had antibodies for COVID-19, none had known contacts with someone infected with COVID-19).
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
Watch the full announcement here.
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)