Since the last report, there have been 102 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., with 3,089 people who are under active public health monitoring.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 9,841
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 3,612 (previously 3,580)
- Fraser Health: 5,038 (previously 4,980)
- Island Health: 221 (previously 220)
- Interior Health: 556 (previously 548)
- Northern Health: 324 (previously 322)
- 90 (previously 89) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Hospitalized cases: 71 (previously 66)
- Intensive care: 16 (previously 16)
- Four new deaths (total deaths in BC to date: 242)
- Active cases: 1,384 (previously 1,353)
- Recovered: 8,184 (previously, 8,150)
- 567,034 individuals have been tested as of Oct 2, 2020
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C (Kawasaki Disease): 8 (none tested positive for COVID-19, none had antibodies for COVID-19, none had known contacts with someone infected with COVID-19).
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)