Since the last report, there have been 110 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C. (including 1 epi-linked), with 3,139 people who are under active public health monitoring.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 10,066
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 3,693 (previously 3,644)
- Fraser Health: 5,174 (previously 5,119)
- Island Health: 223 (previously 222)
- Interior Health: 557 (previously 557)
- Northern Health: 330 (previously 325)
- 89 (previously 89) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Hospitalized cases: 71 (previously 71)
- Intensive care: 17 (previously 15)
- One new death (total deaths in BC to date: 245)
- Active cases: 1,394 (previously 1,387)
- Recovered: 8,398 (previously, 8,296)
- 608,645 individuals have been tested as of Oct 7, 2020
(was 567,034 individuals have been tested as of Oct 2, 2020)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C (Kawasaki Disease): 8 (none tested positive for COVID-19, none had antibodies for COVID-19, none had known contacts with someone infected with COVID-19).
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)