Since the last report, there have been 119 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., with 3,180 people who are under active public health monitoring.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 10,185
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 3,728 (previously 3,693)
- Fraser Health: 5,253 (previously 5,174)
- Island Health: 225 (previously 223)
- Interior Health: 559 (previously 557)
- Northern Health: 331 (previously 330)
- 89 (previously 89) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Active cases: 1,406 (previously 1,394)
- Hospitalized cases: 68 (previously 71)
- Intensive care: 19 (previously 17)
- No new deaths (total deaths in BC to date: 245)
- Recovered: 8,502 (previously, 8,398)
- 627,578 individuals have been tested as of Oct 8, 2020
(was 608,645 individuals have been tested as of Oct 7, 2020)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C (Kawasaki Disease): 8 (none tested positive for COVID-19, none had antibodies for COVID-19, none had known contacts with someone infected with COVID-19).
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)