Since the last report (yesterday), there have been 203 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., with 4,294 people who are under active public health monitoring.
From their press release:
“There have been three new health-care facility outbreaks at Three Links Care Centre, Fort Langley Seniors Community and Baillie House. The outbreaks at Harrison West at Elim Village and White Rock Seniors Village have been declared over. In total, 18 long-term care or assisted-living facilities and two acute-care facilities have active outbreaks.
“There has been one new outbreak at École de l’Anse-au-sable school in Kelowna with three members of the school community confirmed positive for COVID-19. Public health teams have directed a further approximately 160 members of the school community to self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms. Interior Health will provide ongoing updates as the investigation continues.
“There also continue to be exposure events around the province. Public alerts and notifications are posted on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) website and on all health authorities’ websites.
“Many of the new cases and recent community clusters of COVID-19 are directly connected to weddings, funerals and celebrations of life – times when we traditionally gather with family and friends.
“With COVID-19 still in our communities, we have seen that even small gatherings are risky right now. Inside or outside, large space or small, the fewer the faces the better.
“A wedding is meant to be a time of celebration, yet weddings and other important life occasions are a significant source of community transmission; transmission that has spread to health-care facilities, workplaces and schools.
“Now is the time to keep these celebrations small and to plan for bigger family gatherings at a time when we are no longer putting our seniors, elders and others at risk.”
- Total confirmed cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 12,057
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 4,215 (previously 4,146)
- Fraser Health: 6,517 (previously 6,244)
- Island Health: 244 (previously 243)
- Interior Health: 632 (previously 611)
- Northern Health: 361 (previously 355)
- 88 (previously 88) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Active cases: 1,766 (previously 1,688)
- Hospitalized cases: 70 (previously 69)
- Intensive care: 21 (previously 18)
- Two new death (total deaths in BC to date: 256)
- Recovered: 9,993 (previously, 9,753)
- 736,637 individuals have been tested as of Oct 20, 2020
(was 731,319 individuals have been tested as of Oct 20, 2020)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C: 16
One child under 5 has tested positive for MIS-C and COVID-19; that child is fully recovered
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)