Since the last report, there have been 358 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C. (8 epi-linked), with 3,010 people who are under active public health monitoring.
- 24 hour period ending Saturday: 130
- 24 hour period ending Sunday: 108
- 24 hour period ending Monday: 120
- Total confirmed cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 9,739
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 3,580 (previously 3,440)
- Fraser Health: 4,980 (previously 4,791)
- Island Health: 220 (previously 209)
- Interior Health: 548 (previously 535)
- Northern Health: 322 (previously 318)
- 89 (previously 87) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Hospitalized cases: 66 (previously 63)
- Intensive care: 16 (previously 16)
- Four new deaths (total deaths in BC to date: 242)
- Active cases: 1,353 (previously 1,302)
- Recovered: 8,150
- 567,034 individuals have been tested as of Oct 2, 2020
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C (Kawasaki Disease): 8 (none tested positive for COVID-19, none had antibodies for COVID-19, none had known contacts with someone infected with COVID-19).
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
See the latest video here.
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)