Since the last report, there have been 68 more COVID-19 cases in B.C., four epi-linked with 2,810 (previously 2,730) people under active public health monitoring.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 5,372
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 1,737 (up 38)
- Fraser Health: 2,818 (up 23)
- Island Health: 173 (up 3)
- Interior Health: 429 (up 0)
- Northern Health: 137 (up 8)
- 78 (up 0) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Hospitalized cases: 22 (down 1)
- Intensive care: 7 (up 0)
- One new death (total deaths in BC to date: 204)
- Active cases: 906 (896 previously)
- Recovered: 4,253 (4,199 previously)
- 343,165 individuals have been tested as of Aug 26, 2020
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C (Kawasaki Disease): 8 (none tested positive for COVID-19, none had antibodies for COVID-19, none had known contacts with someone infected with COVID-19).
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
Watch the latest video here:
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more: