The COVID-19 situation in British Columbia is continually evolving, and the information below is current as of 3:00 p.m. on April 28, 2020. In the past day, there have been 34 new test-positive cases in BC.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C., April 27: 2,087
The following stats were later updated:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 811
- Fraser Health: 941
- Island Health: 120 (yesterday was 119)
- Interior Health: 169
- Northern Health: 46
- New cases: 55
- Hospitalized cases: 94 (latest was 94)
- Intensive care: 37 (latest was 37)
- 4 more loved ones have died (total deaths in BC to date 109)
- Recovered: 1,305 (Previously 1,231)
- 83,425 individuals have been tested as of April 29, 2020.
- If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
- If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia:
“Today, we are announcing 34 new cases, for a total of 2,087 cases in British Columbia.
“Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19: 811 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region, 941 are in the Fraser Health region, 120 are in the Island Health region, 169 are in the Interior Health region and 46 are in the Northern Health region.
“We are saddened to report four new COVID-19 related deaths, three in the Vancouver Coastal Health region and one in the Fraser Health region, for a total of 109 deaths in British Columbia. We offer our condolences to everyone who has lost their loved ones.
“There have been two new long-term care or assisted-living facility outbreaks at the Clayton Heights and Langley Lodge facilities, both in the Fraser Health region. In total, 21 facilities and three acute-care units have active outbreaks, with outbreaks now declared over at 12 care facilities, including Kootenay Street Village in the Interior Health region.
“Public health teams are also providing support to a number of community outbreaks, actively contact tracing those who may be direcly affected and their close contacts.
“As of today, 50 employees have been confirmed positive at Superior Poultry in Coquitlam, and 42 employees are confirmed positive at United Poultry in Vancouver.
“There are also 120 inmates and staff confirmed positive at the Mission Institution federal correctional centre, as well as 12 positive cases of COVID-19 connected to the Kearl Lake plant in Alberta.
“To date, 1,305 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered.
“Of the total COVID-19 cases, 89 individuals are hospitalized, 35 of those are in intensive care. The remaining people with COVID-19 are recovering at home in self-isolation.
“We must remember that every day we commit to doing all we can to flatten the COVID-19 curve is one day more that we are keeping our communities, health-care workers, Elders and loved ones safe.
“The public health measures we have today are hard on all of us, and we want to thank you for the immense efforts you continue to make.
“Our province has been shaken by this storm, but British Columbians have shown us that our foundation remains strong.”
- Victims of family and sexual violence can find support from VictimLinkBC online:
Or by calling 1 800 563-0808
- Victims of family and sexual violence can find support from Women’s Support Services at: https://www.bwss.org/
Or by calling 1 855 687-1868 or texting 604 652-1867
- For the provincial health officer’s orders, notices and guidance, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/phoguidance
- To learn where, when and how people with symptoms can be tested, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing
- The COVID-19 self-assessment app, which includes details about where, when and how to be tested, can be downloaded here: https://bc.thrive.health/
- For information on how returning travellers can submit self-isolation plans, visit: https://gov.bc.ca/returningtravellers
- For mental health and anxiety support, visit: www.bouncebackbc.ca
- For the latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and testing, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
- For non-health related information, including financial, child care and education supports, travel, transportation and essential service information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/covid19
Or call 1 888 COVID19 (1 888 268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Pacific time), seven days a week.
- For recommendations on protecting yourself and your community from COVID-19, visit: www.bccdc.ca/
- For the latest videos and livestreaming of COVID-19 media availabilities, visit:
Visit the BC COVID-19 Dashboard or click on the image below for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more. (Internet Explorer users: please use the Internet Explorer version of the BC COVID-19 Dashboard.)
Watch the full daily address here
- 405 new BC COVID-19 cases, 6 deaths, Dec 3, 2021
- 368 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Dec 2, 2021
- 375 new BC COVID-19 cases, 7 deaths, Dec 1, 2021
- 358 new BC COVID-19 cases, 0 deaths, Nov 30, 2021
- 970 new BC COVID-19 cases, 11 deaths, Nov 29, 2021 (3 days)
- 341 new BC COVID-19 cases, 6 deaths, Nov 26, 2021
- 424 new BC COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, Nov 25, 2021
- 322 new BC COVID-19 cases, 9 deaths, Nov 24, 2021
- 324 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Nov 23, 2021
- 1,052 new BC COVID-19 cases, 10 deaths, Nov 22, 2021 (3 days)
- 497 new BC COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, Nov 19, 2021
- 468 new BC COVID-19 cases, 9 deaths, Nov 18, 2021
- 324 new BC COVID-19 cases, 7 deaths, Nov 17, 2021
- 338 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Nov 16, 2021
- 1,270 new BC COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths, Nov 15, 2021 (3 days)
- 992 new BC COVID-19 cases, 23 deaths, Nov 12, 2021 (2 days)
- 555 new BC COVID-19 cases, 11 deaths, Nov 10, 2021
- 500 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Nov 9, 2021
- 1,438 new BC COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths, Nov 8, 2021 (3 days)
- 549 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 deaths, Nov 5, 2021
- 596 new BC COVID-19 cases, 8 deaths, Nov 4, 2021
- 430 new BC COVID-19 cases, 6 deaths, Nov 3, 2021
- 406 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Nov 2, 2021
- 1,375 new BC COVID-19 cases, 25 deaths, Nov 1, 2021 (3 days)
- 584 new BC COVID-19 cases, 9 deaths, Oct 30, 2021
- 758 new BC COVID-19 cases, 10 deaths, Oct 28, 2021
- 609 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Oct 27, 2021
- 457 new BC COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, Oct 26, 2021
- 1,618 new BC COVID-19 cases, 20 deaths, Oct 25, 2021 (3 days)
- 649 new BC COVID-19 cases, 13 deaths, Oct 22, 2021