Why do I feel like I am failing at impressing others?
Dear Not Impressed:
My first question, is why do you feel like you need to impress ANYONE? The only person you want to impress is yourself. If you are already offering the best of yourself, then you are doing great. This isn’t really about failure, because I don’t believe in failure nor do I believe in mistakes. I believe it’s all about practice.
So when you find yourself wanting or needing to impress someone, ask yourself these questions: Am I being my best self? Am I doing all I can to share my gifts, passion, and talents?
If you are already doing all of that, then it is not you who have failed to impress. You can only be who you are. Sure, there may be room for improvement, there always is, for everyone.
Remember, you are putting your best self out there. What others think of you is more about them than it is about you.
Need help? Got a relationship or self-esteem question you want to ask? Want to book an appointment with Caterina? Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or text her at 778-877-0682.
The Important Small Print: By participating in any of Imagine Life Coaching Inc or Reiki House services, whether it be coaching, energy work, newsletters, articles, columns, blogs, videos, and so on, you acknowledge that I am not a licenced psychologist or psychiatrist, or any other medical health care professional. My coaching or energy work is in no way to be misconstrued as mental health counselling or medical advice. If you are in need of more in-depth medical, psychiatric, psychological care or treatment, please consult with appropriate medical or mental health professionals. Any questions you ask and answers given, are provided to Sooke PocketNews without name or location of the person asking.
- Dear Caterina: Why do I feel like I am failing at impressing others Signed, Not Impressed
- Dear Caterina: Will I ever be happy again? Signed, Not a happy camper
- Dear Caterina, My partner doesn’t respect my boundaries, what should I do?
- Dear Caterina, Do Narcissists get over their exes quickly?
- Dear Caterina: My partner had an affair and I am heartbroken
- Dear Caterina: Can a person be undeserving of love? Signed, Wanting More
- Dear Caterina: How do I reach my goals?
- Dear Caterina, my partner and I are falling out of love
- When The Fog Lifts
- I have started making more money than my husband. Should I divorce him? – Signed In The Money
- Why would a guy want to take things slow? Signed, Rushing In
- Dear Caterina: We love each other but can’t communicate
- Dear Caterina: Why is dating so difficult these days? Signed Dazed and confused
- New advice columnist coming to SPN!
- Dear Caterina: New identity as a Retiree-in-Training … HELP!