Why do I feel like I am failing at impressing others?
Dear Not Impressed:
My first question, is why do you feel like you need to impress ANYONE? The only person you want to impress is yourself. If you are already offering the best of yourself, then you are doing great. This isn’t really about failure, because I don’t believe in failure nor do I believe in mistakes. I believe it’s all about practice.
So when you find yourself wanting or needing to impress someone, ask yourself these questions: Am I being my best self? Am I doing all I can to share my gifts, passion, and talents?
If you are already doing all of that, then it is not you who have failed to impress. You can only be who you are. Sure, there may be room for improvement, there always is, for everyone.
Remember, you are putting your best self out there. What others think of you is more about them than it is about you.
Need help? Got a relationship or self-esteem question you want to ask? Want to book an appointment with Caterina? Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or text her at 778-877-0682.
The Important Small Print: By participating in any of Imagine Life Coaching Inc or Reiki House services, whether it be coaching, energy work, newsletters, articles, columns, blogs, videos, and so on, you acknowledge that I am not a licenced psychologist or psychiatrist, or any other medical health care professional. My coaching or energy work is in no way to be misconstrued as mental health counselling or medical advice. If you are in need of more in-depth medical, psychiatric, psychological care or treatment, please consult with appropriate medical or mental health professionals. Any questions you ask and answers given, are provided to Sooke PocketNews without name or location of the person asking.
- Dear Caterina: How do I stop feeling worthless after rejection? Signed Rejection Magnet
- Dear Caterina: How do I pick up on my partner’s feelings better? Signed, Feelings Matter
- Dear Caterina: How do I let stop fantasizing about a relationship I can’t have?
- Dear Caterina: I feel like everything is falling apart. Signed, Help
- Dear Caterina: I feel like I am settling for less than I deserve. Signed, Not Settling
- Dear Caterina: How do you make an important decision?
- Dear Caterina: What is the secret to a happy marriage? Signed, I wish I knew
- Dear Caterina: On finding happiness
- Dear Caterina, what do narcissists hate the most? Signed, Curious about Narcissists
- Dear Caterina: What can I do to make my marriage better?
- Dear Caterina: How do I pick up on my partner’s feelings better?
- Dear Caterina, how do I deal with a passive-aggressive person?
- Dear Caterina: Why do I feel like I am failing at impressing others Signed, Not Impressed
- Dear Caterina: Will I ever be happy again? Signed, Not a happy camper
- Dear Caterina, My partner doesn’t respect my boundaries, what should I do?