–District of Sooke
Local non-profit organizations are invited to submit proposal requests to buck, split and remove raw logs from the District of Sooke Public Works yard, to sell as firewood for fundraising purposes. Please note that the logs have been scaled, and a receipt will be provided for each load removed.
The following are required with submissions:
- Proof of liability insurance coverage, minimum value of $5,000,000.
- District of Sooke added as additional insured.
- Certificate of Work Safe account in good-standing.
- Valid chainsaw certification for all parties intending to operate equipment.
- Identification of equipment to be used to remove logs, and appropriate insurance if required.
- First aid certification of individual who will be onsite during completion of work.
- Copy of non-profit society incorporation certification.
- Workplan including; number of loads (cords) requested, transportation of bucked wood, time-frame for removal, assurance that all workers will wear Personal Protective Equipment related to operating a chainsaw, and full contact information for organization.
- Outline of organizational plan for use of funds.
Proposals can be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (250) 642-0541
- Mail or Deliver:
District of Sooke
2205 Otter Point Rd
Sooke, BC. V9Z 1J2
Submission Deadline: Friday, November 3rd, 2017 at 3:00 pm