With permission, Sooke PocketNews is re-posting two photos taken by Sooke’s Jess Bennett. This was the sight that greet Jess at Muir Creek earlier during the day on Saturday, September 26.
“Taken a Muir Creek this afternoon. This makes me so sick that people can be so careless!!!!!!,” Jess wrote in her post on the Sooke Mommies group on Facebook. “Huge bag of fish mostly all intact just dumped! I called police and they gave me number for dept of fisheries but I can’t get a hold of anyone there.”
- Sooke Mommies on Facebook (closed group, you must request to join)
- Illegal dumping in Sooke and surround areas on Facebook (open group)
- Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) for Pacific Region (Feds): 604-666-0384
- Provincial Ocean and Marine Fishers (useful only if you’re looking for stats)
- Sooke RCMP 250-642-5241
- Previously on SPN: LETTER: Is shame enough to stop illegal dumping at Muir Creek? (Apparently not!)