The extreme weather shelter protocol has been activated for tonight. According to the Regional Coordinator Jen Wilde, “The JDF shelter is still on this season. We just don’t have all the pieces together to open tonight.” Following is the announcement, and where within the CRD that people can go.
EXTREME WEATHER ALERT ISSUED – Activation of the Extreme Weather Response Plan
-Jen Wilde, Regional Coordinator, Greater Victoria Extreme Weather Protocol
We have activated the Extreme Weather Response Plan for Greater Victoria. This is a pre-season activation and therefore only a partial response of our program. Transportation is not yet in place and we are only able to operate a couple of our shelters at this time. Please note the available shelters on the list below.
Shelters available tonight are as follows:
- Rock Bay Landing – 535 Ellice Street – 250-383-1951 – 84 beds
- Sandy Merriman – 809 Burdett Ave – 250-480-1408 – 25 beds (women only)
- Salvation Army ARC – 525 Johnson St. – 250-384-3396 – 21 beds (men only)
- Out of the Rain (St John the Divine – 1611 Quadra) – 250-415-3856 – 30 Mats (youth 15-25 only)
- First Metropolitan United Church – 932 Balmoral – 60 Mats (Co-Ed)
- Arbutus Shelter (PHS) – 2915 Douglas St. – 50 Beds (Co-Ed)
- Salvation Army A.R.C. Chapel – 525 Johnson St. – 30 Mats (Co-Ed)
- Our Place Society – My Place – 1240 Yates – 15 Mats (Co-Ed)
Visit www.vewp.net for more information or please do not hesitate to call Jen Wilde if you have any questions.