–Chris Aubrey Langford Fire Rescue
This year is the 20th anniversary of the Westshore Fire and Life Safety Expo and we are excited to have many dignitaries attending to help celebrate our achievement. Her Honour, the Honourable Judith Guichon, Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia and Mr. Bob Phillips, Sooke School Board of Education Chair will say a few words along with a message from Fire Commissioner Gordon Anderson. Also in attendance will be many local Mayors and Fire Chiefs.
Each year, the Colwood, Langford, Metchosin, Highlands and Sooke Volunteer Fire Departments in conjunction with Westshore R.C.M.P. partner to collectively provide all the Grade 4 students in Sooke School District 62 with valuable and life-saving information. As part of our commitment to community public education, we feel that it is essential to provide children with fire and life safety skills. During our 20 year history, approximately 15,000 students have attended the Expo.
- Date: April 5th Time: 12:15pm
- Location: Metchosin Fire Department 4440 Happy Valley Rd
- Attendees: Approximately 1,000 Grade 4 students and their teachers (over the two day event).
Safety Sessions include:
- EDITH (Exit Drills in the Home)
- Bear Aware
- Fire Extinguisher Use (Live Fire Demo)
- Home Fire Safety
- Stop, Drop and Roll
- Home Alone Safety – RCMP
- 911 Information – RCMP & Fire Dispatcher
- Earthquake Preparedness – E.S.S.
As the Fire and Life Safety Expo is a joint event for our communities, we would value your attendance and support of this event.
If you have any questions please call me at 250-478-9555 or email me at email@example.com