With snowfall as a looming possibility this winter, it seems fitting to launch Mainroad’s winter operations FAQ!
During winter operations, Mainroad experiences a high frequency of questions from the public and media by phone, email and social media. This online resource aims to answer most frequently asked questions and provide other helpful resources such as snow plow safety, and where to follow them on social media.
Mainroad’s FAQ can be sourced on their corporate website, see the link at the bottom of this article.
Answers to the following questions appear in that link:
- Q. What is the road/highway service area that Mainroad South Island Contracting is responsible for maintaining?
- Q. Where are Mainroad’s maintenance yards located?
- Q. How many Mainroad employees are working during winter operations?
- Q. Why are some roads plowed more than others? Which streets get plowing priority?
- Q. Winter Maintenance on B.C. Highways
- Q. What is Mainroad doing ahead of a winter storm event?
- Q. What materials does Mainroad use for winter road maintenance and when are these materials applied?
- Q. How does Mainroad monitor weather and highways conditions?
- Q. Who ensures the work is being done properly?
- Q. Where can I direct concerns about road conditions to Mainroad South Island Contracting?
- Q. Where can I find news about Mainroad South Island Contracting?
It also includes information on Snow Plow Safety Do’s and Don’ts
Have a question or need to report a road hazard or changing conditions? Please contact Mainroad’s 24 hour public information hotline toll free at 1-877-391-7310 – as always we welcome your feedback!
Motorists are reminded to please drive to the conditions and visit www.drivebc.ca or on your mobile www.drivebc.ca/mobile/. Sooke PocketNews also has a live streaming page of Sooke-relevant traffic concerns.
Let’s all have a safe winter!