–Photos and text submitted by John Penner, Sooke
Due to the ongoing issues at the BC Legislature, the Wounded Warrior Run BC will now finish at Market Square (560 Johnson St) rather than at the BC Legislature. All timings remain the same, and we will arrive at Market Square at 4.30 pm, Sunday, 1 March, 2020. We apologize for the late notice, however, we were only able to finalize our plans today. We hope to see you all there!
February 28, 2020, Day 6
Today the team left Port Alberni, and drove to the day’s starting point, the Parksville Legion after a quick stop to enjoy the wonders of Cathedral Grove. We enjoyed a great breakfast in Parksville and From there we ran to the Lantzville Legion for lunch. After that, we stopped at BC Ambulance Station 122, and then a quick jog over to Legion Branch 256 and finished our day with an outstanding spaghetti supper at Legion Branch 10. We hit a fundraising milestone today, topping last year’s total of $125,000! We still have a way to go to reach our $250,000 goal, so help us spread the word!!
- Wounded Warrior Run: The final update
- Last two days (Days 7 and 8) of the Wounded Warrior Run in Pictures
- Gallery: Day 6, UPDATE: Wounded Warrior arrives in Victoria’s Market Square, March 1
- Photo Gallery: Wounded Warrior Run, days 4 and 5
- Wounded Warrior Run, with Sooke Photographer John Penner
- Wounded Warrior Run does media run, Sunday, Feb 9, 2020, Sooke to Sidney (photos)