According to Brent Blackhall, the Deputy Director of Finance at the District of Sooke, “The Community Grant Review Committee only recommends to Council, then Council has the final decision on whether the grants are approved and for how much. That meeting will be on May 25.”
In total, 12 applications were made. Of those, six were recommended to Council for approval (totalling $19,000.87 requested), and six were not (totalling $32,600 requested).
Recommended for approval:
- Ecole Poirer Parent Advisory Committee (PAC). $7,000 requested.
- EMCS Student Bus shelter Project. $1,925.87 requested.
- Girl Guides of Canada – Milnes Landing Camp Committee. $2,500 requested.
- Sooke Fine Arts Society – Pump House Murals. $500 requested.
- Sooke Food Bank Society. $3,075 requested.
- Sooke Transition Town Society – Bear Wise. $4,000 requested.
- Sooke Community Choir. $5,000 requested.
- Sooke Harbour Players. $7,000 requested.
- Sooke Horseshoe Pitching Association. $7,000 requested.
- Sooke River Bluegrass Festival. $5,000 requested.
- Sooke Therapeutic Yoga Society. $5,000 requested.
- South Island Recreation Association. $3,600 requested.
These recommendations will be addressed at the Regular Council meeting on May 25.
- District of Sooke Calendar
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]