On Saturday, you can help restore Ed McGregor Park Sooke. The Greater Victoria Green Team will be descending on Sooke to remove English Ivy, working hard to help to save trees.
All ages and experience levels welcome! Bring your family, friends and neighbours for this fun and important community event!
Saturday, October 21, 2017
9:45 AM to 2:00 PM
6751 West Coast Road , Sooke, BC (map)
Parking lot at 6751 West Coast Road
Flow of Volunteer Activities
- Meet at 9:45 am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
- Lots of activities (see above)
- Take a break after about 2 hours with treats and refreshments
- Volunteer until 1:45 pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
- If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. Download the PDF form here
- Refillable water bottle
- Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, a sun hat/sunscreen if it is sunny
- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants
- Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
- Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
- Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
- Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
- A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!
What will happen afterwards
- A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
- Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album
- A summary of the activity along with before and after photos will be posted in our Facebook Pages section to show what an impact you’ve made
— GV Green Team (@GVGreenTeam) October 15, 2017
Since you’re here, we have a small favour to ask.
At 1.7 million page views over the past year, more people than ever are reading SPN. We had hoped advertising local services and events would sustain this service, but that has not come to pass. Advertising revenues are falling; status quo is unsustainable. Readers, please consider a small monthly donation. This can help secure the future of SPN. Business owners: Please consider an ad. More than massive local exposure, you will also be affiliated with an independent business that is 100% local, 99% paperless, and highly valued by the 98%. That’s priceless.
Thank you for your continued readership.
Or, you set the amount, one-time contribution.
Alternatively, click here to make a $10 donation using SPN PayPal.me. (You can change the donation amount on the landing page by clicking on the dollar amount.)