Revitalize a park in Sooke by removing invasive plants!!
The Greater Victoria Green Team is hosting a big community environmental volunteer activity in Sooke and the community is invited! They will be removing English ivy and other invasive plants from Kaltasin Park in Sooke. Rain or shine!
Volunteers are needed! If you want to contribute and haven’t signed up, please register as a GVGT Volunteer and sign the waiver.
It will be an educational and environmental volunteer activity with a wonderful community in Kaltasin Park!
- Date/time: Saturday, June 15 from 9:45am-1pm
- Location: Kaltasin Park, Sooke
More information is available (and please RSVP while you’re there) online.
No experience is necessary. All ages are encouraged to participate. We will provide gloves, tools and training!
Flow of Volunteer Activities
- Meet at 9:45 am for sign-in and introductions.
- Walk to site (follow the arrows/flagging tape if you are late)
- Remove invasive plants like English Ivy
- Take a break after about 1.5 hour with refreshments and snacks.
- Volunteer until you can and sign-out at end, plus take home an eco gift provided by one of our sponsors
What to bring
- If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. Please have your parents fill in this form.
- Refillable water bottle
- Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, hat and sunscreen if it is sunny.
- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
- Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
- Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
- Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
- Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
- Refreshments (bring a water bottle)
- A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!