The Fitness Column, previously published on Saturday’s on Sooke PocketNews under fitness (with fitness coach Brett MacLean), is expanding to be a Health and Fitness column, as we have other health and fitness practitioners who wish to share their expertise. This week, SPN is featuring Jess Bennett, who recently appear on the SPN pages as a Feature Entrepreneur. SPN had a few question about Reiki. Here are her answers.
-by Jessica Bennett
Reiki is an ancient form of energy healing in which a practitioner will channel universal energy to heal and release ailments in the body, mind and spirit.
Reiki can be given as a hands-on treatment, or with hands slightly above the body. In my practice, I do a mixture of hands-on and above the body. It can also be sent over distance to anywhere in the world, or just a few feet away. Distance reiki is how most animals are treated, although some do love to snuggle up to a practitioner while receiving healing energy.
There are three levels of Reiki
- Initiation and self practice
- Healing other and distance reiki
- Master and/or master teacher
In each level, an attunement* is given to the student from a master teacher. The main energy channel of the student’s body is opened and expanded to allow universal energy to flow more freely and deeply.
*SPN Ed: From Wikipedia: “Attunement is a form of energy medicine originally developed by Lloyd Arthur Meeker (1907 – 1954) and his colleagues. Meeker taught and practiced Attunement as a central feature of his spiritual teaching and ministry, Emissaries of Divine Light.”Pixabay image
Reiki is now being used as a complementary therapy in hospitals and veterinary clinics because of more recent scientific studies confirming the healing benefits.
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Promoting relaxation and balance
- Relieving pain from migraines, arthritis, sciatica, etc
- Speeds up recovery from surgeries and long term illnesses
- Reduces the side effects from medications and treatments
Reiki heals everyone, from babies to elderly and even animals!
A few resources for you to consider:
- How Reiki works: The science bit
- Waves Of Healing: How and where Chakras affect the body
- Healing with Jessica, on Facebook
Got questions? Contact me!
Certified Master Reiki Practitioner
Other Health and Fitness articles on SPN
- Health: Step into spring (and put spring in your step) with this DIY green power juice
- Health and Fitness: Reiki 101
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer: When life hands you lemons — drink up!
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer: Time is going to pass—slow down and enjoy it!
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer : What’s Your Body-type Potential?
- Confession of a Personal Trainer: Correct, and Redirect
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer: Take back the yoga, and do the downward dog wearing sweats
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer: Bears have it made
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer: What your “gym hair” says about you
- Grants encourage girls and women to stay active
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer: “Rest is Required”
- Is a digital signature valid for my gym contract?
- How to Stay Motivated: Meet Your Goals For the Year
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer: “Walking Fido for Fitness”
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer: True or False, “All fat in your diet is bad”
- Confessions of a Personal Trainer: Tackling the (female) fitness fear, “If I lift weights, I’ll get bulky”