Councillor Brenda Parkinson, announced that she is seeking Re-Election for a third term on Sooke Council in the October 20th municipal election.
Councillor Parkinson served on the District of Sooke Council from 2005 to 2008 and 2014 to 2018 and has been an Appointed Marriage Commissioner since 2008.
In her capacity as Councillor, Brenda has served on a variety of District and CRD Committees including:
- Sooke Program for the Arts – Chair
- Emergency Planning Committee
- Parks and Trails Advisory Committee
- District of Sooke & T’Sou-ke Nation MOU Working Group
- Regional Housing Trust Fund Commission
- Te’Mexw Treaty Advisory Committee
- Wild Wise Working Group
- Sooke Regional Historical Society
- Sooke Legion Poppy Campaign
- Harmony Project Sooke
- Amber Academy Youth Fine Arts
Sooke Lions Committees:
- Canada Day
- RCMP Musical Ride
- Spirit Bear Project
I have always believed in the potential of our community and, as such, have continued to volunteer and have supported the majority of our local events.
I look forward to the privilege of working together with the Mayor, Council and District Staff on behalf of the people of Sooke,” Parkinson said.