The Greater Victoria Green Team along with the District of Sooke and the Juan de Fuca Community Trails Society will be removing invasive plants from the forested area of Ed Macgregor Park. This volunteer weed removal happens on Sunday, September 25, 2016, 9:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., rain or shine.
This event is listed in the Sooke PocketNews Calendar.
Meeting Spot and Parking
- Near the park in the parking lot at 6751 West Coast Road
How to get to the location
- Transit/Cycling. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to BC Transit or use Google Maps.
- Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. Also, please offer the driver a bit of gas money to help cover this cost.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
- Meet at 9:45 am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
- Lots of activities
- Take a break after about 1.5 hours with treats and refreshments
- Volunteer until 1:30 p.m. and then sign-out at end
What to bring
- If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE
- Refillable water bottle
- Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, a sun hat/sunscreen if it is sunny
- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants
- Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
- Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
- Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
- Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
- A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!
What will happen afterwards
- A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
- Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album
- A summary of the activity along with before and after photos will be posted in our PAGES section to show what an impact you’ve made