The following was first posted on Sooke Social, a public Facebook group, and is republished here with permission.
I want to send a huge thank you to some strangers who helped me out today.
My dog went down an embankment at East Sooke park today and could not get back up. I tried lifting her, but Ruby is 14 years old and a big 85 lb dog, who was soaking wet. I couldn’t do it.
I stacked logs and rocks at the base hoping she could climb up, but that did not work.
We were there for two hours at that point, and the tide was coming in, so I contacted my husband at work to get help from him. He was an hour away, so Ruby and I sat and waited. I posted my dilemma on my Facebook page and some friends were all set to help out if my husband couldn’t do it.
At three hours, some hikers happened to come by. The guy went down the steep hill and lifted my dog up to safety!
I thanked them profusely at the time, but in case they happen to read this, I want to say it again. THANK YOU!!!!
The kindness of these strangers was just overwhelming! There are many good souls in this world.
Wendy Cooke Lang
Other Random Acts of Kindness
- West Shore GoodNewsFriday: Lost wallet containing $800 reunited with owner
- Free signal light repair for a new-to-town Sookie
- Random act of kindness at the grocery store on Thursday
- Kindness of strangers help rescue dog
- When a u-turn goes horrible wrong
- Letter: Local acts of kindness trigger domino effect