-Business advice from the B.C. RCMP
The salutation states,
Hello Dear, email@example.com, then continues with,
You have been detected with a speed violation.
Yes, even we received this suspect email.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you, the RCMP do not send emails in relation to violation tickets; in fact, we don’t send unsolicited emails at all.
If you receive such an email, DO NOT CLICK any links, nor think about paying a fine, report it to the Canadian Anti- Fraud Center, then delete it.
This is a scam!
Tell your family, friends and neighbours and help spread the word, so that we can #StopThisScam.
Visit the RCMP safety tips page for more information on Frauds and Scams.
Education is the key to scam prevention. Here are other scam alerts SPN has run in the past. Please, share this information widely. The more people know, the less likely they are to be scammed.
- Millennials account for half of all scam victims, Vancouver police launch NanaSays
- Are you one of the 101 million email accounts compromised via Ebrite, in a 2013 breach identified in 2019?
- BCSC wins in U.S. court to enforce order against fraudster
- Better Business Bureau’s top 10 scams of 2018
- Online dating – know what you’re signing up for
- Cyber fraud affecting businesses in the West Shore
- BC Hydro warns customers about scams after record number of attempts to defraud in 2018
- Crackdown in Mumbai has big impact on CRA tax scam
- Public warning as email-based “sextortion” scams reported
- Pornography scam uses your username and password information to extort bitcoin payment
- Emergency scam with a concerning variation
- New scam strikes with a new slick twist
- RCMP issue reminder that “gifting clouds,” aka pyramid schemes, are illegal
- Business directories: Double-check before writing them a cheque
- Scammers are at it again, this time threatening legal action
- A special prize just for you? Don’t be fooled into believing you are a sweepstakes winner
- March is Fraud Prevention Month: Here are some safety tips
- Fraud awareness: Merchants beware of counterfeit credit cards
- CRA scam prompts warning from detectives
- Don’t fill their wallets with gift cards
- Sooke RCMP issue CRA phone scam alert
- ICBC warning customers of text message scam
- No the CRA won’t tell you to e-Transfer Bitcoin or pay in iTunes cards
- Business e-mail compromise scam prompts warning
- Compromised image extortion trend leads to police warning
- LETTER: Scammed Sooke senior shares this randsomware story
- Envelope theft: Protecting yourself on your special day
- SCAM Reminder: CRA does not do transactions with links!
- Know your customer; Or, Don’t send speeding scam to RCMP
- Public warning issued after similar frauds lead to significant losses