The candidates were asked to address the following issues:
- Resolving Addictions, Mental Health and Homelessness
- Business Support and Economic Growth during and post COVID-19 Pandemic
- Affordable Housing for Youth, Families and Seniors
- Challenges of Transportation with Urban Growth and Liveability
- Climate Change Action Plans to 2030 (not 2050)
- Meaningful Alliance with Indigenous Peoples
The event was hosted by the Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce, the WestShore Chamber of Commerce, and the Sooke Multi-Belief Initiative. Sooke mayor, Her Worship Maja Tait, moderated.