If anyone is still unsure of how to vote in the upcoming election reform read the following article, Why first past the post isn’t to be abandoned lightly, in the National Post today (November 8).
Excellent article on why PR will cause unstable governments, opening the gate to extremists. Just ask Sweden and many other European nations where radical right parties are gaining a foothold thanks to PR. Once in, they are hard to unseat.
If that isn’t enough to scare you, watch Borgen as Ms Harrison suggested, on Knowledge network. Good example of the lengths groups have to go to, to press their ideas on others in order to form a government.
Vote for First Past the Post!!
- October 22 to November 2: Voting packages mailed out
- October 30: Estimated delivery date for Sooke
- November 5: Referendum Service Offices Open (online)
- November 23: Deadline to request a package (1-800-661-8683 or online)
- Friday, November 30, 4:30 pm: Elections BC must receive your ballot by this deadline
- Mixed Member Proportional (MMP) voting explained
- First Past the Post (FPTP) voting explained
- Rural Urban Proportional (RUP) voting explained
- Dual Member Proportional (DMP) voting explained
- Letter: Pro Rep is about thoughtful process and equal representation, and deserves a chance
- Letter: First Past the Post is still the best way to vote
- Letter: PR is a bad idea that opens the door to fringe groups
- Letter: Proportional Representation will not fix what’s broken; the ballot is deceptive and manipulative
- Letter: Proportional Representation is not a foreign idea
- BC Provincial Referendum on Electoral Reform
- LETTER – Pro Rep: Canada lost marks for poor participation democratic decision making
- Video: Sooke’s MLA speaks to proportional representation
- LETTER: Pro-Rep ensures you are represented in government
- Referendum regulations and questions for electoral reform
- Attorney General unveils report and recommendations on electoral reform referendum
- Editorial: Proportional Representation Electoral Reform – Details and debate is missing
- Let Every Voter Count: A Sooke Information Night on Electoral Reform
- POLL: Would you support some form of electoral reform?
- Provincial referendum on electoral reform to happen in one year
- Is electoral reform on the BC horizon?
- Trudeau reveals that he misled voters on Democratic Reform