-by Alanda Carver, Teacher of Kundalini Yoga: A Practice for Spiritual Warriors
How whistling your breath can help you relax
This week’s Life Hack is for coping with the need for more relaxation
There is relaxation response in your body that is stimulated by whistling your breath.
- Inhale and exhale through an O shaped mouth
- Allow your breath to create a whistling sound on both the inhale and the exhale.
How does it work?
Whistle breath changes the circulation.
The nerves in the tongue activate the higher glands such as the thyroid and parathyroid, and the lung capacity is increased. You get more oxygen and your body gets the signal time to relax.
Enjoy your yoga!
Kundalini Yoga: It’s more than just a stretch!
Your first class is free.
- Life Hack and Coping Skills: Tired and out of time? Here’s a nap hack
- Life Hacks and Coping Skills: The benefits of Dog Breath (seriously!)
- Life Hacks and Coping Skills: Harness your own energy to serve you
- Life Hacks and Coping Skills: Helping children calm down
- Life Hacks and Coping Skills: Speak in public with increased ease
- Life Hacks and Coping Skills: Coping with the chills
- Life Hacks and Coping Skills: Dealing with sleeplessness
-About this column, by Alanda Carver, Teacher
Kundalini Yoga: A Practice for Spiritual Warriors
Energy is the underpinning reality of everything
In this new weekly series you will learn how you can harness your own energy to serve you in a myriad of ways. Stop rowing upstream against your own energetic currents. Learn the easy rules and regulations of energy, and watch your life transform!
- Do you want to understand Energy?
- Do you want to have tools and skills to affect your Energy for increased healing, strength, joy and peace?
- Do you want to learn tools that are so simple you’ll wish you’d learned them years ago?
- Do you want to create a practice that will affect ALL of your energy systems, and set you up for the best possible YOU?
These Life Hacks can help you:
- Wake your energy up and get it moving in the right direction.
- Realize how other people’s energy can affect you, and how to protect yourself.
- Discover easy ways to calm and de-stress whenever you like
- Learn how to boost your immune system.
- Explore safe ways to detoxify.
- Really boost your metabolism.
- Increase your flexibility.
- Build your concentration.
- Make it easier for you and even your kids to come out on the top of the game.
Every week you will learn a simple practice that works for you.
This column is sponsored by Sooke Yoga, where your first class is free.