Size: 325.0 hectares (estimated) (was 250 ha in earlier reports)
- 20% contained
- 157 firefighters (up from 104)
- 9 helicopters (up from 8)
- 9 heavy equipment (up from 6)
- A 16 person Incident Management Team was phased into managing this fire August 14/15, 2015.
Containment on the south flank has been progressing well, despite temperatures, terrain and available fuels are making suppression activities a challenge in the north flank areas.
The public may notice some smoke drifting through valleys, and settle in low lying areas.
A BC Wildfire Investigations Specialist was brought in to determine the origin and cause of this man-caused fire.
Previous SPN Reports
- Photos of the Lizard Lake fire burning east of Port Renfrew Posted on August 17, 2015
- Marine Drive road closure/Lizard Lake fire update Posted on August 15, 2015
- UPDATED Aug 13 8:22 pm – Marine Circle Route closed due to fire east of Port Renfrew Posted on August 13, 2015
- Fire was discovered on August 12, when it was 5 ha in size.