Size decrease is due more accurate mapping.
Poor venting may cause smokey conditions to persist in in valleys and low lying areas until the afternoon.
Crews continue to build fuel free line on the south flank and the head of fire. Work progresses up both flanks, with reassessments being completed in all areas to check flare ups that occur where deep burning and winds cause available fuels to reignite.
- Size: 265 (est.) (was 325.0 hectares in earlier reports)
- 35% contained (was 20% contained)
- 169 firefighters (was 157 firefighters)
- 9 helicopters
- 9 heavy equipment (up from 6)
- A 16 person Incident Management Team was phased into managing this fire August 14/15, 2015.
A BC Wildfire Investigations Specialist was brought in to determine the origin and cause of this man-caused fire.
- For more information from BC Wildfire, click here.
- Lizard Lake fire grows in size SPN Aug 20
- Photos of the Lizard Lake fire burning east of Port Renfrew SPN Aug 17
- Marine Drive road closure/Lizard Lake fire update SPN Aug 15
- Marine Circle Route closed due to fire east of Port Renfrew SPN Aug 13