August 17, 2017 — Head injury off Sheringham Pt.
RCMSAR Station Sooke and Canada Coast Guard (CCG) 501 tasked together this afternoon by Joint Rescue Coordination Centre (JRCC) Victoria.
They were responding to a report of a head injury on a 27′ vessel off Sheringham Lighthouse, west of Sooke.
The vessel was still making way towards Sooke, but both lifeboats asked to provide assistance, escort in and meet BCEHS at the Sooke boat launch.
Injured assessed by the rescue specialist from CCG 501.
Crews worked together to secure the vessel and assist BCEHS with transport.
- Marine rescue tends to overturned boat in the Sooke Basin
- Sooke’s water rescue team tends to grounded vessel Dec 3
- Late morning call-out on Friday for Sooke’s marine Search and Rescue
- Sooke marine rescue tasked to Port Renfrew to assist, Monday afternoon
- Sooke marine rescue called out to assist three in a boat stuck in thick Bull Kelp, East Sooke
- Sooke’s marine rescue recognized with an award
- Sooke marine rescue tends to early morning head injury
- Sooke responds to Mayday off Possession Point on Friday evening
- Marine rescue tend to head injury near Sheringham Lighthouse
- Vessels of opportunity work with Sooke’s marine search and rescue to assist adrift vessel