Mayfair will celebrate the completion of its $72-million revitalization on Thursday, November 8th, with a Grand Re-Opening Fashion Show that will showcase the upcoming styles, trends and colours of the winter season. The re-opening also includes the beginning of a multi-vendor collective called CONNECT and the addition of another three new stores in Victoria’s favourite shopping centre: TELUS Connected Experience store, Dynamite and a 27,000-sq.ft. Indigo (coming soon).
In addition to enhancing the customer experience inside the shopping centre, with 100,000 square feet of new leasable area and nine new retailers added in 2018, Mayfair’s revitalization project has included significant upgrades to the exterior of the property to improve customer access, parking and safety. Parking has improved with a new entrance ramp off Finlayson St. and two new levels of rooftop parking to facilitate overall traffic flow to 2,030 parking stalls. Other features include a new urban streetscape with upgraded lighting, extensive landscaping, a grand drop-off entrance on Douglas St., a new escalator and elevators to the parkade and improved wayfinding for simpler navigation of the entire property.
The exclusive Winter Fashion Show & Social, which takes place tonight at 6:30 pm, is a sold-out ticketed event, with all proceeds donated to Bridges for Women, an organization Mayfair is proud to support year-round through initiatives it carries out with its retail partners.
“There’s never been a more exciting time to come to Mayfair,” said General Manager, Laura Poland. “While we’ll always be working to improve every aspect of the customer experience at Mayfair, we’re delighted to mark the successful completion of this revitalization project in a way that highlights our role as Vancouver Island’s favourite fashion destination, and our commitment to serving our local community. We want to thank all our customers for their patience and support during our construction period.”
Designed by local design house Studio Robazzo, CONNECT is a local collective featuring Victoria’s top local artists, designers, artisans and vendors all in one space. CONNECT will be open from November 1st to December 31st, with seven vendors every day during regular shopping centre hours. Each Saturday and Sunday, six additional vendors will CONNECT to showcase their unique products to weekend shoppers.
The long-term vendors will include:
- Bru Bike – A unique Victoria-based coffee retailer offering locally roasted, fair trade coffee beverages;
- Fired Up! – Look for a variety of drop-in canvas painting sessions from this talented art studio;
- Flux and Stone – Victoria-based, featuring beautiful hand-crafted jewellery;
- Pina Styles – Based out of Ucluelet and Tofino, printing original west-coast art on clothing and accessories;
- Rootside – Based in Esquimalt, delicious cocktail mixers made with all natural, locally grown ingredients;
- Salt Spring Island Candle Co. – Natural, hand-poured soy candles with unique scents inspired from Canada’s West Coast; and
- Sugar Sandwich Designs – Featuring growth spurt friendly Grow Along Babywear designed for extreme fit, comfort and durability.
Mayfair is Vancouver Island’s premiere shopping destination. Centrally located in Victoria, British Columbia, the centre is home to 520,000 sq. ft. of retail space with a broad selection of fashion tenants and convenience shopping. Mayfair welcomes four million visitors annually and features first-to-market stores including Sephora, Coach, Banana Republic, Pandora, Saje Natural Wellness, Aritzia, Bath & Body Works and Aerie.