The public is invited to attend a drop-in information session on Wednesday, May 18, 2016, regarding the detailed design of the new interchange at the intersection of the Trans Canada Highway (Highway 1) and McKenzie Avenue.
This session is an opportunity for the public to review additional details for the selected partial cloverleaf design that are a result of public feedback and continued discussions with First Nations and key stakeholder groups. Details include cycling and pedestrian connections, noise and environmental mitigation strategies, and construction timelines and staging.
Staff from the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure and other members of the project team will be available to go over the information, answer questions and provide further details on the project.
If you are unable to attend, the information presented will be posted online after the start of the open house here.
You may also send comments or questions to the project team by phoning 250 387-8700 or sending us an e-mail.
Public Information Session:
- Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2016
- Time: Public is invited from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- St. Joseph the Worker Parish Hall
753 Burnside Rd. W.
- Galloping Goose pedestrian access detour to McKenzie Interchange, Oct 28
- McKenzie Interchange News: Galloping Goose users advised of possible night closures
- McKenzie Interchange: Weekend work will give concrete evidence of progress
- McKenzie Interchange, originally pegged for 2018 completion, now to end in 2020
- Drone footage of McKenzie Interchange
- Progress update on McKenzie interchange: Second contract awarded
- Update on progress at the McKenzie interchange
- Progress at the McKenzie Interchange
- Blasting for the new Mckenzie interchange will cause evening delays, now through April
- Ceremonial shovels break ground for the Mckenzie Interchange
- McKenzie Interchange project moves forward; further design work showcased
- Sooke Commuters: Final concept chosen for McKenzie Interchange
- Sooke Commuters check out these Computer-generated simulations of the planned McKenzie Interchange
- Concepts revealed for future McKenzie Interchange
- Open house for the McKenzie Interchange Project
- Sooke Commuters: Have your say on the McKenzie Interchange Project
- New Trans-Canada Interchange and an Extension to Westshore Parkway for CRD Commuters
- TCH access points at Leigh Rd and Westshore Parkway to see improvements; Spencer Rd and Goldstream Ave to be permanently closed; McKenzie intersection not mentioned