Affordable homes are within reach for families, seniors and people with disabilities as a redevelopment brings 82 new rental homes to the community.
The redevelopment, called Helios, is located at 2006 Sooke Rd. in the Colwood Lakes neighbourhood and replaces 12 aging townhouses.
The redevelopment creates more homes for low- to moderate-income households and is near community amenities, schools, retail areas and transit.
Helios includes homes of varying sizes, from studios to three-bedrooms units. Helios includes pedestrian walkways, a playground and community gardens. Operated by Pacifica Housing, rents range from $862 to $1,570 per month.
People began moving into their homes earlier this month.
- The Province, through BC Housing, provided $8.4 million in capital funding and construction financing for the project.
- The City of Colwood contributed $328,000 through its affordable housing reserve fund.
- Pacifica Housing provided the land valued at approximately $4 million.
- Rental rates for the Helios project are:
- studio: $862 per month;
- one bedroom: $995 per month;
- two bedrooms: $1,292 month;
- three bedrooms: $1,570 per month.
- Read Homes for B.C., government’s 30-point plan to address housing affordability for British Columbians