John Horgan has issued the following statement on Christy Clark’s throne speech promises:
“For years, Christy Clark looked out for herself and her rich friends while making life harder for everyone else. On election day, an overwhelming majority of British Columbians rejected that.
“Now, Christy Clark will say anything to hang on to power. But we just can’t count on her to fix the problems she created.
“British Columbians are ready for new leadership that works for everyone instead of just those at the top. And BC New Democrats are ready to deliver it.”
- Ceremony swears in the new Premier of BC (with a T’Sou-ke presence)
- BREAKING: BC has a new premier!
- Christy Clark’s meeting wraps up with the Lieutenant Governor, no decision made
- The BC Government has been toppled
- Throne Speech: BC Liberals adopt a center social stance
- NDP’s John Horgan responds to the Throne Speech: She’ll say anything to hang on to power
- Green’s Andrew Weaver responds to the Throne Speech: Astonishing about-face
- Horgan and Weaver maintain Clark’s political “games” are hurting British Columbians
- Premier Christy Clark introduces new Executive Council
- BC Government resumes on June 22
- B.C. New Democrat and B.C. Green caucuses ratify historic agreement
- Clark will put confidence to the vote in June, and let the transfer of power be a public one
- B.C. Greens will support a new BC New Democrat government
- NDP and Greens announce an agreement, intending to form government in BC for the next four years
- Statements from Christy Clark, John Horgan, and Andrew Weaver
- Election results are in!
- BC Elections update: May 24, 1:00 pm
- Election results still inconclusive, May 23
- Election results should be known after May 24
- Preliminary election turn-out estimated at 60%
- POLL: What are your top three election issues?
- ICYMI: Leadership Debate March 26 2017 (Video)
- Election 2017: Sooke’s All-Candidate Debate
- VIDEO: Provincial Election 2017 Leadership Debate
- Election May 9, 2017: Where and how to vote
- Green Party releases their affordable homes strategy
- Is electoral reform on the BC horizon?
- Sooke Chamber launches 2017 Provincial General Election Information Series
- BC NDP response to Liberal platform: Christy Clark’s platform maintains giveaways to rich donors, rising costs for families
- BC Liberals launch their platform