–Sooke RCMP, General Investigation Services
On June 15th, 2016, the vehicle involved in the Ella Road Shooting in Sooke was located in Langford, BC and was seized by the RCMP.
During a separate vehicle stop, one person was arrested and is believed to be one of the three individuals associated to the shooting.
The RCMP searched a residence in the Langford area later that evening, however, no one of interest was located.
Today, June 16th, 2016, the Sooke RCMP in conjunction with the Island District General Investigation Section (IDGIS) and the Westshore RCMP, continue to focus their efforts on locating Josh Lafleur. The second suspect arrested yesterday, is currently in custody and will be going before a Judicial Justice of the Peace later today.
A third person has been identified, but is not in police custody. Names are being withheld pending charges being sworn.
The suspected shooter, Josh Lafleur, is still outstanding and should be considered Armed and Dangerous. Anyone seeing Lafleur should not approach, but call 911.
Anyone having information relating to Josh Lafleur should contact the Sooke RCMP Detachment at 250-642-5241 or if you wish to remain anonymous Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
- Sooke RCMP hold a press conference to debrief media on June 19 arrests
- Sooke shooting suspects arrested
- Heavy police presence reported in Sooke
- Update To Search for Two Outstanding Males – Saturday, June 18, 2016
- Dustin David Brown charged with two counts of attempted murder, Sooke shooting
- One Male Arrested in Sooke Shooting, Two Males Remain Outstanding
- POLL: Sooke is a safe place to live, true or false?
- Sooke RCMP looking for 25-year-old Joshua Nicholas Lafleur, Sooke shooting
- Sooke RCMP issue a release on the Sooke shooting
- News reports of shootings in Sooke