Open burning is permitted in Sooke between October 1 and May 31. Permits may or may not be required. Please refer to Sooke’s Fire Services Regulation Bylaw for complete information, or call the Fire Station during office hours.
Their number is 250-642-5422.
Sooke Burning Regulations
- For complete information on burning regulations please see Sooke’s Fire Services Regulation Bylaw.
- Open air burning of yard and garden debris is permitted October 1st to May 31st each year, subject to general conditions
The Sooke Fire Rescue Service posted the following on Facebook:
The Otter Point Volunteer Fire Department has also issued its reminder on social media. Otter Point residents, if you have a Facebook account you should click to follow them, as they are pretty immediate with their information online.
- District of Sooke Burning Regulations
- Otter Point Fire Regulations
- District of Sooke Fire Services Regulation Bylaw
- Environmental Management Act Open Burning Smoke Control Regulations
- BC Government Venting Index