A petition at Change.org has been initiated by Ekaterina Karassev, requesting that the District of Sooke regulate the marijuana dispensaries in Sooke. The objective is to get 100 signatures on the petition, which will then be presented to Council at the District of Sooke.
Visit Change.org to sign that petition. The following comes directly from the Change.org petition page:
The purpose of the petition:
- The City of Victoria is actively working on regulating the operation of medical marijuana-related businesses. Most of current 35 dispensaries will be forced out of Victoria and they will be looking for a new home.
- Our mayor is not looking into implementing similar Bylaw but will consider public input.
- We already have three marijuana dispensaries, Sooke does not need more.
Protect our community! Request Maja Tait and Sooke Councillors to plan ahead and implement similar Bylaw!
The following regulations are proposed:
- no consumption on premises
- no individuals under 19 years old are allowed on promises
- no tinted windows
- hours of operations from 7am to 8pm
- at least 200 meters from schools, daycares and other dispensaries
Please follow this link for more details.
Still in doubt? Please answer these questions:
- Do we really have so many “patients” with doctor’s prescriptions for medical marijuana that we need more dispensaries than pharmacies and grocery stores?
- Can you name 5 parents that say “It is fantastic that we have all these dispensaries around!”?
- Why some dispensaries are open until 11pm?
- Do you think 2 dispensaries close to Route 14 will never ever be competing against each other to get new “patients”?
- Do you agree that dispensary on the Castle plaza is not targeting high school kids?
Just to be clear, we are NOT lobbying against the medical marijuana, just asking to regulate it.