February 22 is Pink Shirt Day.
The Pink Promise, from PinkShirtDay.com
The world can be a negative place sometimes, lowering self-esteem and creating bullying behaviour. This February, we aim to change that! By teaming up with Shaw and Coast Capital to bring #PinkShirtPromise to life on social media, you can help us raise funds for Pink Shirt Day and our partners combating the issue of bullying. Do you promise to stand up to bullying? Do you promise to be kind to your peers? Do you promise to make the internet a positive place? We want to know!
In British Columbia, for every positive message posted on social media using #PinkShirtPromise, Shaw and Coast Capital will donate $1 to the CKNW Orphans’ Fund to support local bullying prevention programs. You can participate in the following ways:
- Post a positive message using #PinkShirtPromise on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn from now until February 22
- Use the custom Pink Shirt Promise Snapchat geo-filter on February 22
- Take a photo or video of yourself bringing your Pink Shirt Promise to life
- Encourage your friends to make their #PinkShirtPromise on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn
The funds raised for CKNW Orphans’ Fund through #PinkShirtPromise will support numerous organizations, including the Red Cross: Beyond the Hurt Program and the Boys and Girls Club.
So let us know: what is your #PinkShirtPromise?
- VIDEO: How to stop a bully
- Pink Shirt Day is Wednesday February 22, 2017
- Anti-bullying awareness
- EDITORIAL: SPN differentiates between “bullying” and “asking questions”
- The importance of kindness
- Bullying: Do your part, and contribution to the solution
- EDITORIAL: Thoughts on Pink T-Shirt Day