How well are our elected representatives doing? Council meeting today (Monday, Feb 22) at 7 p.m. ⇐ over
ADDED 10:34pm Monday Feb 22, 2016: The current mayor is acting mayor Kerry Reay; before her it was councilor Kevin Pearson. The elected Mayor (currently on maternity leave) is Maja Tait.
The current mayor and council ...
- Have my full trust (15%, 31 Votes)
- Cause me some concern (40%, 82 Votes)
- Are failing (38%, 78 Votes)
- Huh? Who are they? (7%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 205
Resources: More info on council
- How to present an issue to Sooke Council (SPN)
- Regular Council Meeting schedule (Sooke)
- Who’s the mayor this month? (SPN)
Related articles on SPN
- Criticism is confused with defamation and harassment
- Print got it wrong: Sooke CAO not hired by unanimous agreement
- RCMP investigates harassment
- District hiring dilemma: Ignore Council directive, or direct-appoint $460K contract
- Open Letter to Council: They aren’t just rocks
- Editorial: District of Sooke expertise crumbles and rebuilds, and what you can do
- Interim Sooke Fire Chief will be former Colwood Fire Chief Russ Cameron
- Legal letters to SPN “not a District thing”
- The District of Sooke is hiring: “Director of Corporate Services and Corporate Officer”
- District of Sooke News Release: Freedom of Expression in Sooke
- Editorial: Freedom of speech in Sooke must be constructive
- Sooke Council passes motion in spite of “strong” staff recommendation
- LETTER: Sooke CAO clears up inaccuracies
- Sooke Mayor and Council 100% in support of new CAO
- Regular Council meeting displayed fine example of the money-shuffle spin, March 14 SPN Takeaways
- Sooke CAO Sullivan updates select local media on raw sewage spill
- CAO speaks to effective management through teamwork, collaboration, and role clarity
- Current (acting) mayor slaps the wrists of social media at last night’s Council meeting
- New “Current Issues” no longer allowed at Committee of the Whole meetings, Sooke
- Committee of the Whole meeting is TONIGHT
- Sooke Council meets this week on Monday AND Tuesday
- Longstanding local business owner denied request to appear as delegation at Sooke council meeting
- Sooke staff is slim and trim
- Hiring practices at the District of Sooke questionable
Resources: Past Polls
- New Poll! Do you follow instructions?
- Poll: For the next municipal election, what outcome would you prefer?
- POLL: New Year’s Resolutions
- Poll: The arrival of Christmas
- POLL: Rate your boss!
- Minimum wage: Have your say
- POLL: Sooke is a safe place to live, true or false?
- POLL: According to you, is SPN a newspaper, a blog, or social media?
- Poll: If a municipal election were held this month, would you keep or dismiss the current Council?
- Poll: The roadsides beds in uptown Sooke have been filled with rocks. What do you think?
- POLL: Election reform in Canada, what should it look like?
- Poll: If Sooke were a town in the US, for whom would you vote?
- POLL: How will you vote on the SEAPARC referendum?
- POLL: How do you feel about having a medical marijuana dispensary in Sooke?
- POLL: The most effective way to deal with the rise of property crime in Sooke is to…
- POLL: How well are Sooke’s current mayor and council doing?
- POLL: Tim Hortons in Sooke
- POLL: How prepared are you for the Big One?
- POLL: The single most important safety improvement that Highway 14 needs
- POLL: Now that the construction is mostly complete, what do you think of the roundabout?
- POLL: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau hired two nannies; what do you think?
- POLL: Do you bring your own bags when you go shopping?
- POLL: Would you use a Bottle Drive Announcement service from SPN?
- POLL: Weigh in on the speed limit on Sooke Road
- POLL: When should the jingling of bells begin?