Members of the public are invited to learn more about two safety improvement projects planned for Highway 14 by attending an information session in Sooke on Dec. 3, 2019.
Highlights of the two projects include:
- widening and realigning a section of Highway 14 located generally between Glinz Lake Road and Connie Road;
- construction of a new intersection and park and ride facility at Gillespie Road; and
- construction of wider shoulders and paving approximately 11 kilometres of the highway between Otter Point Road and Woodhaven Road, west of Sooke.
For more details on these projects, and to provide feedback, the public is invited to attend an information session:
Date: Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2019
Time: 5-8 p.m.
Edward Milne Community school
Upper commons area
6218 Sooke Rd.
Anyone unable to attend can find more information and provide feedback online.
This information will be available online following the conclusion of the open house.
- Public info session for highway improvements near Sooke, Dec 3, 5-8pm
- BC Hwy 14 to be widened and realigned with dividing barrier added
- Province launches southern Vancouver Island transportation strategy
- Improvements at Sooke and Sooke River Rd will impact traffic for remainder of January
- Sooke River Road intersection improvements, minor traffic delays begin in January
- Safer sidewalks, upgraded intersection coming to Sooke
- New rest area near Sombrio Beach opening over long weekend
- Highway 14’s future taking shape, Sooke River Road intersection on the horizon
- Sunday is last day to provide input on Highway 14 Corridor Improvements
- New bus pullouts now operational on Highway 14
- Open Letter: “Are you kidding me?” BCHwy14 open house disappoints
- Overview of improvements to Sooke Road: Ministry Open House
- Public invited to provide input on Highway 14 upgrades
- New crosswalks on Sooke Road
- Digging deep as the Sooke Road improvements continue
- Bus stop blunder: Six recently installed bus stop pads need replacing
- Sooke Road improvements update from the mayor
- Expect traffic delays with Highway 14 ongoing improvements
- Improvements on Sooke Rd to begin immediately
- Sooke mayor awaits provincial Hwy14 report, says staff are working on in-town improvements
- Intersection safety improvements coming to Hwy 14 at Parkland, Gillespie and Connie
- Sooke Chamber pushes for Highway 14 improvements