-RCMP media release
The planning of Cst. Sarah Beckett’s Regimental funeral service is currently underway. As it is an extremely difficult time, Cst. Beckett’s family has once again asked for privacy around their property and funeral home. While Cst. Beckett had a very public calling, the need to provide her family with time and space is paramount as they deal with this tragedy and prepare for the service.
The details at this time are as follows:
- Date: Tuesday April 12, 2016, 2:00 pm
- Venue/Location: Q Centre, 1767 Island Highway, Victoria, B.C.
Organizers are working with a number of individuals, groups and business who may be directly impacted first, prior to providing recommendations and directions to the public. Therefore, further information, media direction and traffic restrictions will be provided closer to date. Please monitor bc.rcmp.ca for the most accurate information.
The RCMP is extremely grateful for the outpour of public support and condolences. Please continue to use the email address below to leave your thoughts and prayers for the family of Cst. Sarah Beckett. RCMP.Condolences-Condoleances.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
The Victoria Division of the RCMP Veterans’ Association has established a trust account under the name: Sarah Beckett Family
In Trust. The account has been set up at Coast Capital Savings Credit Union. Donations may be made to this account at any of their branches located across the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
If there is not a Coast Capital Savings Credit Union in your area, please make cheques payable to: Sarah Beckett Family
In Trust and mail to:
Victoria RCMP Veterans’ Association
Attn: Frank Campbell, Treasurer
894 Le Clair Place
Victoria, BC V8V 4V9
- Sentencing judgment of Kenneth Jacob Fenton
- No charges will be laid against RCMP who attempted to stop Fenton
- Sentencing for Jake Fenton, who caused the death of Constable Sarah Beckett, set for another date
- Crown Counsel considers charging an RCMP officer in a fatal MVI resulting in the death of Sarah Beckett
- Charges laid in the death of RCMP Constable Sarah Beckett
- VicPD police Sooke statement on Cst. Beckett’s funeral
- Free Transit for RCMP Memorial
- Regimental Funeral Services for Cst. Sarah Beckett
- Spouses of RCMP Event: Wear red April 12 in memory of Const. Sarah Beckett
- Motorcade escorts Sarah Beckett’s body to the airport; Sooke flag still at half mast
- Premier’s statement on the death of an RCMP Officer
- Statement by the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, regarding the death of RCMP Constable Beckett
- Fundraiser started for RCMP Const. Sarah Beckett
- Original RCMP media release
- Acting Commanding Officer’s Statement on loss of Cst. Beckett
- Statement from C/Supt. Ray Bernoties