Wild Wise Sooke on Facebook
“A recent rash of sightings suggest that bears are emerging from the hills, heading to town and adding garbage to their diet. Wild Wise Sooke reminds people to take simple precautions to prevent attracting black bears . Garbage, bird feed and chickens are top of the menu. Manage these attractions please!”
In another post:
- Bears in Garbage-Cedarview Place — Store Garbage inside a secure building
- Otter Point Road 2600-3000 – injured bear — Manage the attractions
- Woodlands Road -bears coming into SunRiver — Put all those garbage cans inside the garage
The bears are Back!!!!
- Wild Wise Sooke: Bears out in Sooke, full force!
- Wild Wise Sooke issues dire warning: clean up your trash or see more bear conflicts
- Preparing for hibernation season in bear country
- Preparation for hibernation puts bears on a massive calorie intake search
- Want fewer bears put down? Manage your garbage, pick your fruit!
- Increased bear sightings, what you need to know, and how to keep bears alive
- Bear sightings at Potholes, between parking lots 3 and 2
- Black bear wants some water play in Sunriver
- A sure sign of spring for residents of Sooke is the return of bears.
- Bear in Area signs emerge from hibernation
- Wild Wise Sooke presents falling numbers in Sooke
- Bear conflicts are on the rise
- Wild Wise Sooke reminds SUNRIVER residents to store garbage indoors and manage attractions
- Reminder from Wild Wise Sooke: Bears are emerging from the hills
- Be bear-wise in Sooke: Bear-proof your yard
- First bear destroyed, Wild Wise Sooke urges education
- Be Bear Wise: Wild Wise Sooke suggests spring cleaning, minimize attractants
- More cougar cautions for Sooke Potholes hiking area
- Good to Know: How to deal with a surprise encounter with a black bear
- A Bear’s Bill of Rights, from Wild Wise Sooke
- The community of Sooke let this bear down, say Conservation Officers
- Another bear killed in Sooke
- What a Sooke bear in its natural habitat looks like
- LETTER: A fed bear is a dead bear, and DON’T blame the Conservation Officers!
- From SD62: Bear & Wildlife Safety Reminder – for you and your kids
- VIDEO: Globe and Mail video on Bears in Sooke
- Public Advisory from Wild Wise Sooke: Bears are being habituated in Sooke
- Bear sighting on Sooke Road, close to downtown
- Bear sightings are up in Sooke
- Bear-proofing your yard for autumn in Sooke