-Island Health media release
Island Health is warning the public of potential schemes targeting overseas health care professionals.
The misleading postings are offering non-existent jobs within Island Health and state that in order to qualify, potential employees must pay fees for a medical exam and a two day contract orientation session or that they are offering to provide visas for applicants at Island Health.
Please be advised that Island Health is not currently recruiting healthcare professionals from overseas.
Use caution when receiving any communications of this nature.
- Scam alert: Fake calls from police departments demanding bitcoin payment
- Scam: SIN scammers impersonate VicPD Officer
- Millennials account for half of all scam victims, Vancouver police launch NanaSays
- Are you one of the 101 million email accounts compromised via Ebrite, in a 2013 breach identified in 2019?
- BCSC wins in U.S. court to enforce order against fraudster
- Better Business Bureau’s top 10 scams of 2018
- Online dating – know what you’re signing up for
- Cyber fraud affecting businesses in the West Shore
- BC Hydro warns customers about scams after record number of attempts to defraud in 2018
- Crackdown in Mumbai has big impact on CRA tax scam
- Public warning as email-based “sextortion” scams reported
- Pornography scam uses your username and password information to extort bitcoin payment
- Emergency scam with a concerning variation
- New scam strikes with a new slick twist
- RCMP issue reminder that “gifting clouds,” aka pyramid schemes, are illegal
- Business directories: Double-check before writing them a cheque
- Scammers are at it again, this time threatening legal action
- A special prize just for you? Don’t be fooled into believing you are a sweepstakes winner
- March is Fraud Prevention Month: Here are some safety tips
- Fraud awareness: Merchants beware of counterfeit credit cards
- CRA scam prompts warning from detectives
- Don’t fill their wallets with gift cards
- Sooke RCMP issue CRA phone scam alert
- ICBC warning customers of text message scam
- No the CRA won’t tell you to e-Transfer Bitcoin or pay in iTunes cards
- Business e-mail compromise scam prompts warning
- Compromised image extortion trend leads to police warning
- LETTER: Scammed Sooke senior shares this randsomware story
- Envelope theft: Protecting yourself on your special day
- SCAM Reminder: CRA does not do transactions with links!