At Tuesday night’s ECOW meeting, the SD62 Board of Education decided that bus fees for all SD62 school bus riders will be eliminated this school year on a pilot basis.
Since busing is now “free” can my child start taking the bus?
No. ALL riders must register. Bus routes for the 2016-17 school year are established and additional routes will not be added. New riders will be placed on a wait list until it is determined that there is a seat available on their designated bus.
All middle and secondary school students must have a pass to ride the school bus. Elementary students will be placed on a rider list for drivers to check. Any student not on a driver list or without a pass may not be let on the bus.
*For currently registered students, we are still working through the wait list. Thank you for your patience.
How can I register?
Students will need to wait to register until all details are sorted out.
I have already paid for the bus. When will I get my refund?
You will receive a full refund for any fees paid as soon as the details are sorted out.
We are working really hard to make this happen quickly for families. Once all the logistics are determined, we will send out an email directly to families as well as post online.
Thank you for your patience while we begin this transition.
- Improved student transportation services for Sooke families
- Sooke school bus registration information and refund update
- SD62 school bus fees eliminated for this school year
- Have you prepaid your Sooke school bus fees? If so, you may get a refund
- Sooke School District to receive $358,365 to help with transportation costs
- John Horgan statement regarding B.C. education announcement
- $1.7 million in cuts to Sooke school budget; $450,041 handed back
- Education cuts will hurt the most vulnerable
- OpEd: SD62 Board of Education stuck between a rock and a hard place
- BC Gov injects funds to fix EMCS roof
- LETTER: Reform is required if we value education
- Updates on the cuts to education, Sooke District 62
- SD62 budget shortfalls addressed through cuts
- SD62 announces student bus fee increase