The Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue – Station 37 was called out on January 15th. Here’s their Facebook report.
Also, Station 37 is hosting an open house at the end of the month. If you want to find out more about what they do, and the equipment they use to do it, consider attending.
Open House at Station 37
- 29 January at 10:00–16:00
- 1800 Maple Avenue South, Sooke V0S 1N0
“Would you like to come and visit our boat house? On Sunday, January 29th, you can! Our crew will be there throughout the day and will be happy to show you our boats, classroom, and safety equipment, and answer all your questions.
“Please feel free to bring your family and friends!”
To RSVP or to view the Facebook event, click here.
- RCMSAR Station 37 (Sooke) respond immediately to Mayday: Vessel taking on water
- Sooke Community Grants: Legion gets $10,000, and Council remains within their $50,000 budget
- Search and Rescue Station 37: Recent call out, and open house invitation
- Sooke Search and Rescue bird’s eye view of the last decade in action, photos from the Sail Past
- Sooke, Victoria SAR stations awarded for their role in the 2015 Race Rocks rescue
- Sooke SAR recues missing person, Goodridge Island
- Station 37 (Sooke) Search and Rescue assisted 36′ sailing vessel
- Spill response exercise in Sooke waters
- Information update on the two missing men, RCMP and RCM-SAR 37
- Sooke’s Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue fundraiser details
- ICYMI CTV News VI Video: Sooke to become training hub for BC rescuers
- RCM-SAR interviewing rescue crew shortly
- It’s “Giving Tuesday” … Please consider Sooke’s Search and Rescue
- In their own words: Sooke’s SAR on the assist of the capsized boat
- Sooke Search and Rescue assist with capsized boat