The fifth annual ARTiFACTS show opens March 22 and runs until April 28. The show takes place in the Upstairs Gallery of the Sooke Region Museum (see full poster below), between March 22- April 28. It is on daily Tuesday to Sunday (closed Monday’s) from 9 am -5 pm.
Sponsored by the Sooke Art Council, this show features all types of art and special events.
- Saturday March 23: Meet the Artists Reception, Noon -4 pm. Stop in and get first pick at the treasures of local works of art from Sooke Arts Council Members. Meet the Artists and hang out!
- Saturday March 30: Artifacts Art Show Special Event: Book Reading from “ Art & Word,” noon-4 pm Pavilion, at the Sooke Region Museum, Art show in Upstairs Gallery 9am-5pm.
- Saturday April 13: A Port Renfrew event is being coordinated by Port Renfrew resident and photographer, Diane Moran.
About the Art & Word event
If you haven’t seen the Art Council’s book yet, now is the time to hear snippets of the writing and meet the authors.
- “Art & Word” is an Anthology of 33 authors and artists.
- Poetry, short stories matched with art.
- Hear how art inspires writing and the written word influences art.
A fancy word for this is “ekphrastic poetry” and it is a form of creative writing describing a work of art of visual image -how words can inspire art.
Linda Gordon will read her poem “The Kiss” that was inspired by artist Brenda Parkinson’s painting “Winter Love.”
The proceeds from the sale of the book goes to a scholarship for an EMCS graduating student who will be going on to study art or literature at an accredited school.
The Arts Council is now working on Volume Two. Come to sign up and be a part of Volume Two.