In case you missed it, CBC’s Sunday Edition shined a spotlight on the two cohousing projects in Sooke, Harbourside Cohousing and Westwind Harbour Cohousing. The success of cohousing in Sooke is remarkable: since the opening of the Harbourside project, their waitlist has jumped from 40 to 400. Having received approval in principle from the District to explore affordable senior housing on Lot A has also received mention.
— CBCSundayEdition (@CBCSunday) June 10, 2018
Sooke, at least on the seniors’ cohousing front which has gone from concept to construction to completion, is in the national spotlight.
To read the full CBC article and to hear the Sunday Edition show, click here.
- Co-housing curious? West Wind Harbour Cohousing invites the curious-to-serious to a workshop
- Groundbreaking ceremony sees construction start for Sooke’s second co-housing project
- “Is Cohousing for you?”
- Sooke cohousing once again gets national coverage
- Letter: Cohousing, and its benefits and problems
- Sooke’s second co-housing project moves full steam ahead, workshops Mar 17 and 18
- Second co-housing project in Sooke deemed affordable, good to go
- Curious about co-housing? Free Information Sessions are coming up
- West Wind Harbour: Sooke’s Second Cohousing Development
- A second cohousing development springs up in Sooke: Introducing West Wind Harbour Cohousing
- Official opening of Harbourside Senior Cohousing, photo gallery
- VIDEO: Back when Sooke’s Harbourside Cohousing community was just an idea
- Sooke’s best kept secret: A senior cohousing community with 31 units sets a Canadian standard
- Sooke’s Harbourside Cohousing is going full steam ahead
- ICYMI: “My Last Big Adventure” … Harbourside, Sooke’s Senior Co-Housing project, hits the national airwaves
- Sooke’s senior co-housing project gets noticed, nationally