If you are a Sooke commuter (current or future, like say in a decade), this might be of interest. Not too sure why it wasn’t addressed two decades ago, but I guess we have to take what we can get.
Following are two computer-generated simulations of current and possible traffic flows at the McKenzie Interchange. They are a bit long, but the portrayal of the existing bottle necks (including that of all roads leading to the current intersection) correlates accurately with real experience.
Also included are two images addressing transit integration and traffic flow management during construction.
This information select, and the full article is linked in the resources below.
PM peak hour traffic with Diamond Interchange
This video shows a computer-generated simulation of the traffic patterns near the Trans-Canada Highway/McKenzie interchange in the afternoon peak period.
AM peak hour traffic with Diamond Interchange
This video shows a computer-generated simulation of the traffic patterns near the Trans-Canada Highway/McKenzie interchange in the morning peak period.
Managing traffic during construction
- Read the complete article here
- For all the details (and to provide your feedback), please visit: http://engage.gov.bc.ca/mckenzieinterchange/
All SPN articles on the McKenzie Interchange
- Galloping Goose pedestrian access detour to McKenzie Interchange, Oct 28
- McKenzie Interchange News: Galloping Goose users advised of possible night closures
- McKenzie Interchange: Weekend work will give concrete evidence of progress
- McKenzie Interchange, originally pegged for 2018 completion, now to end in 2020
- Drone footage of McKenzie Interchange
- Progress update on McKenzie interchange: Second contract awarded
- Update on progress at the McKenzie interchange
- Progress at the McKenzie Interchange
- Blasting for the new Mckenzie interchange will cause evening delays, now through April
- Ceremonial shovels break ground for the Mckenzie Interchange
- McKenzie Interchange project moves forward; further design work showcased
- Sooke Commuters: Final concept chosen for McKenzie Interchange
- Sooke Commuters check out these Computer-generated simulations of the planned McKenzie Interchange
- Concepts revealed for future McKenzie Interchange
- Open house for the McKenzie Interchange Project
- Sooke Commuters: Have your say on the McKenzie Interchange Project
- New Trans-Canada Interchange and an Extension to Westshore Parkway for CRD Commuters
- TCH access points at Leigh Rd and Westshore Parkway to see improvements; Spencer Rd and Goldstream Ave to be permanently closed; McKenzie intersection not mentioned